Looking for a Software Developer
The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies is looking to employ a Software Developer (PHP) to work in a three-year EU-funded project starting from February 1, 2023 or on agreement.
We are looking to employ a Software Developer to work on a PHP-based open source publishing system. The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies maintains nationally significant services for open publishing in Finland.
You will participate in an international EU-funded project which aims to advance the European infrastructure for open access publishing. Besides the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies, the project includes around twenty other European organizations. You will take part in developing a platform called Open Journal Systems intended for managing and publishing scholarly journals and will work with other project partners and the Public Knowledge Project (PKP), which leads the developer community of the system.
- Designing, documenting and developing new features for Open Journal Systems based on the goals set in the project
- Presenting the results of the work in project meetings
- Collaborating with the project partners and the developer community
- University degree in computer science or other related field
- Very good knowledge of PHP and relational databases
- Experience in maintenance of web applications
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to work responsibly in a team and independently
- Experience in software development projects and international projects
- Familiar with Laravel, Vue.js, XML, Git and Github
- Knowledge of scientific publishing and software used for scientific publishing, especially Open Journal Systems
- Knowledge of Finnish (not required)
The position is for a fixed-term of three years starting from February 1, 2023 or on agreement. The probationary period is 6 months. The office of the Federation of Finnish Learned Societies is located at Kirkkokatu 6, 00170 Helsinki, Finland. We also offer flexible options for remote work.
The salary, based on the general collective agreement for the private teaching sector in Finland, is 3800–4000 €/month, depending on how the requirements for the position are met.
Applications including a cover letter and complete curriculum vitae should be sent by email with the subject line “Software Developer” to antti-jussi.nygard(at)tsv.fi by Monday, December 12, 2022 at 4 p.m Finnish time. Interviews will be held starting from mid-December.
The Federation of Finnish Learned Societies promotes equality and is committed to preventing all forms of discrimination. We encourage applicants of different ages, representatives of different genders and people belonging to diverse language, culture and other groups.
Additional information: Coordinator Antti-Jussi Nygård, antti-jussi.nygard(at)tsv.fi